»

Monday, January 16, 2006

Drink, and I'll water your camels also???????


As I continue to dialogue with God about Amsterdam, I have felt Him speaking to me through various verses. Some in regard to protection from the evil I fear & some in regard to the need.

Below is a summary from my morning "minute devotional" that I received in my email. I read this passage about 4 nights ago during my "God Time" and feel it is no coincidence that today it appeared in my inbox. I am asking God to speak to me, and He is.

So, is God calling me to water the camels? Is the prompting I feel in my heart, in regard to Amsterdam, God's response to the prayers of the missionaries in Amsterdam and their cries for encouragement from GodI have not a clue, but wait expectantly for what God will unveil.
-Caroline

Rebekah - A Servant's Heart
Selections from Genesis 24

"Let the girl to whom I say, ‘Please lower your water jug so that I may drink,' and who responds, ‘Drink, and I'll water your camels also' - let her be the one You have appointed for Your servant Isaac.
"Before he had finished speaking, there was Rebekah. Then the servant ran to meet her and said, "Please let me have a little water from your jug." She replied, "Drink, my lord." She quickly lowered her jug to her hand and gave him a drink. When she had finished giving him a drink, she said, "I'll also draw water for your camels until they have had enough to drink."

She had no idea who was approaching her that hot, thirsty afternoon, or that such a chance encounter would change her life forever. But you never know what kind of opportunities will arise when you start with a servant's heart. You know those times when someone seems to pop into your mind out of nowhere? You tell yourself you should give her a call, jot her a note, ask her to lunch. Or maybe it's not a particular person but a ministry area that you continue to sense God drawing you to. Who's to say, as Rebekah discovered, that God isn't prompting you for service out of response to someone's prayers? Try making sure you follow up on those uncanny occurrences. They seem like nothing, but only eternity can measure their significance.


0 comments: