»

Friday, March 17, 2006

Blooming

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.


As I set out to work on Thursday praying as I drove, I noticed the small green buds & new growth all around me. The things that were dormant and appeared to be dead were "waking up." As I continued to talk with God, I realized he is doing the same thing in me.

It is spring in my heart. There are small buds stemming from my heart. The fears that have held me back for almost 5 years are beginning to be broken.

As many of you know 5 years ago in a 6 months period I lost 2 friends. One a girl in the Bible Study I lead, and the other a guy who was like a brother to me. After experiencing the shock and reality of the frailness of life, I did not realize the lies that Satan began to root in my life.

Well, 5 years later, I still have my struggles, but for the first time I am acknowledging my fears & trusting God to free me. This means taking huge scary steps of faith - but in an odd way I am at peace in doing so.

To some who have never lost someone really close to them, they may not understand the way your view of life changes, and for those who have lost someone close, you may understand my struggles.

So, let the buds flower God, teach me to live a life of dependence on you, and to live a life of freedom and not fear.

Please pray for me as I daily trust God to provide me FREEDOM!!!

0 comments: