»

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Frogs & Toads Oh my.......how cute they are



It amazes me the ways that if we are open to it, God will change our heart.....

As many of you may know for most of my life I have not been an animal lover. About 2 years ago God spoke to me in the frozen food isle of SuperTarget and told me I needed to let Greg get a dog. I remember stopping and having this conversation with God saying "where is this coming from & am I hearing you right?" I was pretty afraid of dogs at this point, yet clearly knew this is what God was saying.

I broke the news to Greg and he was ecstatic, but also in shock at what I was saying......... long story short we now have the most adorable lovable puppy whom I completely adore & could not imagine our family without.
However, this was not always the case, especially in the early months of potty and crate training. This was especially difficult as I cared for this puppy, but would not yet say that I loved him. Now it is completely different.
I have learned many lessons about God through my dog, I know it sounds crazy, but I constantly see glimpses of my relationship with God in my relationship with Buckeye.

One of the most bizarre things is that my love for Buckeye has also become a love for most all animals. We have a toad that is always out back every night, the other day I found that he somehow got in the house & died underneath Buckeye's large dog pillow - I was so sad. I still am.

However, recently another small toad has shown up outback. The other night he jumped in the house, I was determined that he would have a different fate than our last friendly toad. As I started to push our furniture all over the room to grab him, yes you heard me right, me grabbing this toad with my bear hands, I realized the lengths that God goes to grab us when we jump into situations that are not the best.

He is consistently pushing furniture away to grab us and bring us back to those safe places, yet like the frog we think we know the best way & keep jumping into the danger that lies ahead.

You may by now think that i am crazy, however I hope that the next time you see a chocolate lab or a jumping frog you will think about the love and protection of God that is all around us that we so often miss.
-c-

1 comments:

Sarha said...

Caroline,

I love this post! It brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face as I shook my head in agreement with you as to the lengths that God goes to rescue His dear children.

I love and miss you a lot sweet girl and am so proud of you!

Sarha :-)