»

Monday, April 24, 2006

Divine Disappointment


Psalm 142:2
I pour out my complaint before him; before him I tell my trouble.
Well, things have been a bit crazy lately. My parents were in town 2 weeks ago, and it was great to see them and for them to get a taste of what our life in Orlando looks like. However, during that week I learned at work that our Managing Director, Greg Guevara, is stepping down from his position. I was Greg’s assistant for about a year and still work closely with him on our Communications.

While I am excited for all that God is doing in his life, I am also tired of all the change. Since I started working in the GCM office about a year and half ago, I have had to say good-bye to at least 9 people that I directly worked with. Now there are 4 others leaving two of them being directly involved with my position.

While I am confident that God has a divine puropose for not only these peoples lives, but also for the GCM office, I am currently at the point where I just want to complain and not be excited about it. It is good to know that I can pour out my frustrations and complaints to God. However I also trust God to do things that he could not other wise have done if things stayed the same. I trust what God tells me in
Isaiah 55:8-9
"My thoughts are completely different from yours," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.

So, I will continue to process, trust and have my days of a stubborn heart, yet in the end I will continue to depend on God and his plan, as I know it is always the best for my life.
I look forward to sharing all that he will be doing in the months to come.
-Caroline

0 comments: